home tips

Carbon Monoxide – The Silent Killer

It sounds like something out of a horror movie. You can’t see it, or smell it, or taste it, or touch it. It’s the silent killer, carbon monoxide (CO).   Many Canadians die every year from carbon monoxide poisoning in their own homes, most of them while sleeping. And unlike what you may have[...]

Watch for Insect Invasions This Fall

We aren’t the only ones plotting where to hunker down for cold weather. Insects also seek out snug accommodations when the leaves turn, taking up residence exactly where they’re not wanted: in the house. Homeowners near evergreens find conifer seed bugs moving into warmer quarters. For those in[...]

UV Light is an Amazing Home Purifier

Upon hearing that UV light is an amazing home air purifier, puzzled listeners ask, “shouldn’t we protect ourselves against ultraviolet light?” Yes, by all means slather on the high-SPF lotion when encountering UV rays in sunlight at the beach. UV light in a home air purifier instead? Shine on![...]

How to Avoid Wind Damage to Your Home or Business

One of the mightiest forces on our planet, tornadoes wreak outlandish damage, completely devastating some areas while leaving other bizarrely untouched. Snapshots of a tornado’s after-effects can be hard to believe. An unbroken record is shoved halfway into a telephone pole. A tie rack rests 40[...]

Mould, Left Untreated, Brings Respiratory Infection

Most people don’t take notice of mould until it can no longer be ignored. That leads to some people having exposure to mould without the appropriate medical assistance. That being said, it’s rare for mould to cause people big problems—but it’s still important to know the signs of[...]