Rain, snow, flooding, or appliance leaks, water damage can have multiple causes. The resulting damage is a problem regardless. If you find water damage in your home, it isn’t just a mess to clean up, but a precursor for other problems, like mould.
You may think that if you find your water damage quickly you may not have to worry about mould. You may think that mould only occurs if water damage goes unnoticed for years. You’d be wrong. The truth is that mildew and mould can grow within 24-48 hours of exposure to water. Once it starts it will only continue to grow and spread until it is dealt with. Mould is not only unsightly but it can also lead to health problems. Mould needs to be taken seriously before you and your family start showing signs of exposure.
When thinking about your water damage and mould problem, there are specific steps that need to be taken for cleanup and restoration. Any excess water needs to be removed, the area needs to be dried, and any damaged materials need to be removed and replaced. Cleaning up water damage as quickly as you notice it is key to minimizing damage and mould. Any mould that develops can grow in virtually any area of a home, and we commonly see problems in:
- Window frames
- Ventilation systems
- Cabinets and furniture
- Drywall and subflooring
- Wallpaper or painted walls
- Wet walls
- Water-damaged mattresses
But how do you deal with it?
First, the mould needs to be handled by professionals. Professionals can make sure that the mould is removed thoroughly and safely. If you do it yourself, it’s possible to not get all of it as well as risk further exposure to mould. Call Paul Davis and request our mould remediation services.
Our residential and commercial mould removal service includes:
- 24/7 Emergency response – We will be on site and ready to help within hours
- Prompt mould infiltration assessment from trained professionals
- Industrial-grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove excess water
- Efficient containment of affected area and removal of contaminated materials
- Cleaning of contents and other personal possessions
- Application of disinfectants and antimicrobials to help prevent future mould growth
- Sanitation, deodourization, and air purification
- Assistance with the insurance claims process
If you find water damage and find the presence of mould, This Is No Time for Second Best®. It’s time to call the mould experts at Paul Davis.