Get a Plan
Do you and your children know what to do in case your home or your community is affected by flood, storm, fire or other disaster? Unfortunately, several families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency happens, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. For this reason alone, making a family plan is so very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a created to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of food, water and other necessities in case of emergency. The staff at Paul Davis recommends getting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an easily accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
• Water – one gallon per person, per day for a minimum of three days
• Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
• Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
• Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
• Cell Phone and charger
• Flashlight and additional batteries
• First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
• Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans with your communitiy, schools, employer, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least twice per year.
It is important to have a plan in place so you and your family can be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our community. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mould or any other disaster, Call Paul!