Do you or your children know what to do in case your home or community is affected by flood, storm, fire or other disaster? Sadly, most families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency takes place, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. This is why making a family plan now is so important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis wants to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a customizable templatedesigned to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of food, water and other necessary items in case of emergencies. Paul Davis recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
• Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
• Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food items
• Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
• Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
• Cell Phone and charger
• Flashlight and additional batteries
• First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
• Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice a year.
Having a plan in place will better prepare you and your family when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our community. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mould or other disaster, Call Paul!