Hurricane and Storm Prep Tips
Below Are Some Valuable Tips For Protecting Your Property From Severe Weather:
- Secure major appliances to the wall studs or foundation of your home using “L” brackets.
- Inspect your roof and repair any loose shingles to prevent leakage from water and winds, and remove debris.
- Repair siding, awnings, gutters, downspouts and brackets if loose or damaged.
- Clear yard of loose articles and debris. Keep yard tools, patio furniture, grills, garbage cans and toys stored when not in use.
- Trim trees and shrubs to prevent branches from breaking off during high winds.
- A disaster plan and basic emergency kit should be in place before a severe storm strikes.
Have A Basic Emergency Kit, Which Should Include:
- Water – one gallon of water per person and pets per day for at least three days.
- Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food for adults, children, babies and pets, along with a can opener.
- Battery-powered or hand crank commercial radio and a NOAA Weather Radio.
- Cell Phone with charger.
- First aid kit – sterile dressings; antibiotic ointment; scissors; thermometer; non-prescription drugs such as pain relievers; prescription medications and supplies.
- Copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account records in waterproof container.
- Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person.
- Fire Extinguisher
We are here to answer your questions and to provide estimates
Top insurance companies trust Paul Davis to work with them and their clients.
2233 Argentia Rd Suite100
Mississauga, ON. L5N 2X7
This site is registered on wpml.org
as a development site.