Do you find your bathroom…underwhelming? Whether the walls aren’t the right colour or the flooring leaves something to be desired, updating your bathroom’s look can make a big difference, especially if you’re thinking about listing your home for sale. What’s more, you don’t have to do an entire remodel to improve the look of your bathroom. All you need are these tips and a free weekend.
- Install a Floating Floor: When you want beautiful wood flooring in your bathroom without the huge expense, consider installing a floating floor. These floors aren’t nailed down but rather they’re glued or snapped together. They can go down over most materials–including that unattractive laminate that gives you the shivers every time you look at it. And floating floors have a durable finish, meaning these new floors can look beautiful for years to come.
- Paint Yourself a New Floor: Refinishing flooring on a very limited budget can be difficult. If you don’t want to spend big money but still want a fresh look for your bathroom floor, consider painting it. You could use a solid colour or even create patterns using two different colours. Best of all, a few coats of durable flooring paint won’t break the bank.
- Install Vinyl Flooring: Vinyl tile has a lot to offer–so don’t wrinkle your nose at the idea just yet! Today’s vinyl is stylish, inexpensive, easy to clean, and crack resistant. Create designs or install a single design across the floor. Your bathroom will instantly look brighter.
- Consider Concrete Finishes: When most people think of concrete, they think of their driveway or sidewalk. However, concrete has come a long way in recent years. Consider using concrete to jazz up your bathroom floors. It’s inexpensive and easy to lay. Additionally, you can seal bathroom concrete with a finish like epoxy, making your flooring bright, beautiful, and incredibly unconcrete-like.
- Try Using Wallpaper: Wallpaper was out–but now it’s back in. Dazzling your walls and livening up any room, wallpaper makes a great addition for your bathroom. In addition to being easy on the wallet, wallpaper is a statement all its own, meaning you won’t have to spend additional money on fancy mirrors or updated vanities as a centrepiece.
- Use Low-Cost Tile: Do you want to brighten the look of your bathroom walls with more than just paint? Consider using an inexpensive subway tile on the lower half of your walls. While somewhat time-consuming to install, tiling can make your bathroom look and feel luxurious while still being a practical investment.
- Freshen Up Your Paint: If all else fails, giving your bathroom a fresh coat of paint can do wonders to improve its look. Whether you stay with the same colour or go for something a little different, the right paint colour can make your bathroom appear larger and brighter. Satin or semi-gloss paints are the best picks for your bathroom walls since they resist moisture.
The work need not be expensive when it comes time to update a bathroom. Take a weekend to redo your bathroom flooring or walls. It’s a small investment that can deliver a big return.