Be Careful With Candles
Many people use candles and lanterns within their homes. Many businesses may use candles as well to create a beautiful ambience. Candles are one of the leading causes of residential and commercial fires, especially during the Holiday season. An open flame candle can reach extremely high temperatures, and their flames can easily light any nearby surface. To avoid candle fires, practice the follow precautions:
- Never place candles close to flammable objects.
- Remember to extinguish all candles once you leave a space or fall asleep.
- Keep candles out of reach of children, pets or areas where a draft can blow in.
Be Cautious in the Kitchen
Another common source of residential and commercial fires is kitchen accidents. Kitchen grease fires are the fastest-spreading and most destructive type of residential or commercial fire. To avoid a kitchen fire, remember to take the following precautions:
- Never attempt to move a flaming pot or pan from the stove, as the movement could spread the fire.
- Clean your oven and stove regularly to prevent grease residue for catching and spreading flames.
- Keep a pan lid or cookie sheet handy to smoother flames in an emergency.
- Do not place tin foil or any other metal object in the microwave.
Other Fire Safety Tips
There are also some general fire safety precautions you can take to prevent fires in your home or business, including the following:
- Ensure that your smoke and carbon dioxide detector are fully operational.
- Have a fire extinguisher on site.
- Make sure all of your loved ones or employees are aware of fire prevention methods.
- Create a fire escape plan in case of emergency.
How Can Paul Davis Help?
If your home or business has been devastated by a fire, contact Paul Davis immediately for fast and efficient restoration services. The trained and certified restoration technicians at Paul Davis can make sure that your property is fully restored and safe for you to inhabit again. We also offer in-place drying and ultrasonic cleaning services to restore any of your belongings that may have been damaged as a result of the fire. At Paul Davis, our priority is helping you to recover for the devastating aftermath of a fire as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
Paul Davis has been providing restoration services to homes and businesses across Toronto and the York Region for over 30 years. If you experience a fire in your home or business, you can trust our professional technicians to get your life back to normal. For more information about our restoration services, contact us today.