You’ve experienced damage to your home or business and you need it taken care of quickly, efficiently and safely, but how do you decide which company to go with? Do you simply do a Google search and pick the first one? Do you read reviews or ask friends?
Finding and choosing a dependable restoration company can feel like just another thing to worry about when it comes to your current needs, but it doesn’t have to be.
Find our quick checklist below to make sure you choose the best and most dependable restoration company for your needs. Look at the various companies you can choose from and see which ones best correspond to these questions. In the end, you want to be able to confidently know you’ve chosen a reputable company and have bypassed scam artists.
- What types of services do you need? Do they specialize in this type of service?
- Is it a local company? There are a lot of companies who target people in well-publicized damage sites. By working with a local company you remove the possibility of being scammed by someone targeting your area.
- Read, read, read reviews and references. If a business has the experience, they will have reviews and references that will provide you with a deeper insight into the care and service they provide their customers. You can gather testimonials from their website, Google, Yelp, Facebook, Angie’s List, and more.
- Can the company provide estimates prior to work? It’s crucial to have a clear understanding of the scale of work you need as well as an estimate as to what the work will cost. If a company can’t provide this, it is traditionally a red flag.
- Are the staff trained and certified? Check for licences, certifications, and proof of insurance and bonds. Any company you work with should have this readily available to prove that they are compliant with industry standards like the ANSI/IICRC Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration and the ANSII/IICRC Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mould Remediation.
- Are they easy to contact and how quickly do they respond to you? Do they have a set response time window? If a company can’t return your call when they want your business, how available will they be once it’s time to do the work?
- What are the payment terms? Do they work with claims? A restoration company should have experience with multiple insurance agencies and be able to walk through your claim with you.
Your home and business are important to you, and this experience doesn’t need to be stressful. Contact us today and let us show you why This is No Time for Second Best®. Call the experts at Paul Davis and let us guide you through our experience, reviews, and more.