Commercial building owners have a lot to handle and triaging competing needs is difficult. An issue that always tops the lengthy list of priorities? An outbreak of toxic mould. More than unsightly, mould triggers a host of unpleasant problems. It harms building occupants’ health, rapidly degrades building materials, creates unsafe structural conditions, spreads rapidly and can spiral into long, expensive legal cases.
Nearly all toxic mould infestation in commercial properties requires experts to eradicate it safely, quickly and completely in a manner that contains the infestation and prevents future growth. Call for professional helps for any mould infestation that meets these four criteria:
- More than a few feet in diameter
- Related to flooding or water damage
- Inside your ventilation or heating systems
- Inside your walls
Reputable, trained and knowledgeable commercial mould removal services like Paul Davis bring superior capabilities that simply aren’t attainable by building maintenance staff:
- 24/7 emergency response on site and ready to help within hours
- Prompt mould infiltration assessments conducted by trained, experienced professionals
- Industrial-grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment that efficiently removes even large amounts of excess water
- Complete containment of affected areas and removal of contaminated materials
- Cleaning of contents and other personal possessions
- Application of safe disinfectants and antimicrobials to prevent future mould growth
- Sanitation, deodorization and air purification
- Assistance with insurance claim processing
Once the mould outbreak has been contained and treated, it’s time to launch prudent steps to prevent future occurrences:
- Set up a schedule for regular mould assessments. Look for leaks and check around landscaping that may obscure mould growth. Inspect and perform regular maintenance on piping, appliances that contain moisture or use water, HVAC units and cooling towers.
- Require tenants to promptly advise building management of moisture or mould issues.
- Address moisture problems immediately. Delay provides opportunity for mould to grow.
- Clean HVAC vents regularly and ensure airflow is unobstructed.
- Inhibit mould growth by keeping humidity in the 30-50% range.
Throughout North America, Paul Davis brings a team of experts to make the mould treatment and removal process thorough and complete. When mould has infected your commercial property, this is no time for second best®.